Snapchat introduced customizable template filters that grab the attention of its users. Since then, there were more than 1 billion in-app illustrations seen every day. This entire article will help guide how to use a Snapchat filter for your business.
Snapchat has two categories of filters:
“Community filters” are best for artists and designers wanting to create free filters for communities like a university or organization.
“Filters” are best for businesses or individuals wanting to create a filter for commercial or promotional purposes. On-demand filters can be further sub-categorized into Personal Filter or Business Filters.
- A Personal Filter is for anyone who uses the Snapchat app. If you’re celebrating a birthday or a wedding, you can create Filters for that occasion too.
- A Business Filter can be used to promote your business. Such Filters can include branding elements like business logos, mascots, etc.
Here are some important guidelines for submitting and creating a Snapchat Filter.
- A filter must be within 20,000 to 50 million square feet of a geofence.
- A filter can stay live anytime between an hour to 180 days.
- Don’t use unauthorized trademarks or logos. Stick to your own brand.
- Don’t use photographs of other people.
- You cannot add business contact information such as phone numbers, email ids, website URLs, social media usernames, or personal information.
- You cannot add hashtags.
- You cannot advertise any drug-related content.
- Other social media platform logos are prohibited.
- When submitting a filter, make sure that it is under 300 KB, a. PNG file, and has a transparent background.
- The file size should be 1080 pixels x 1920 pixels or 1080 pixels x 2340 pixels.
Here’s how you can use Snapchat Filters for your business.
Go to the Snapchat website and click on the “Filters & Lenses” option on the menu.
Click on “Get Started,” then choose “Learn More” under the “Filters.”
Start designing your filter either by uploading your illustrations or using one of Snapchat’s existing filters. You have options to edit color, text, and the graphic element that appear on the filter. Once you’re done, click on “Next.”
Choose a time period for your geofilter to get live/active and click on “Next.”
Choose which area your filter will appear. If it does not apply to a certain area, you’ll be prompted to correct your “geofenced” area. Once you’re done, click on “Checkout.”
After you pick your geofenced area, you need to make the payment. Fill in the required details in the form.
Note: The price of an On-Demand Filter is determined by the location you choose, the size of the area chosen, and how long it will stay live. You can also edit these pricing factors accordingly.
You will be charged for your filter only once Snapchat approves it.
After adding your payment details, you’ll be asked to log in to your Snapchat account. Alternatively, you can just provide your email address to continue.
You’ll be given the order summary. Review your filter and its specifications. If you’re pleased with your order, click on “Submit.”